A dental implant is a root of titanium which is implanted into your jawbone. The implant is adopted into the jawbone as the site recovers, remaining in place much like the root of a natural tooth. Depending on the individual case and what is most suitable, the implant will then have a crown, bridge or denture affixed to it.
If your teeth are missing, you might have felt as if your self-esteem was hit. You may have abandoned your favourite foods. The teeth around the gap begin to change over time, changing your smile and altering your facial profile. Our team is enthusiastic about helping individuals enhance their appearance and confidence.
Dental Hygiene To Be Taken Care of near Hallam
At any point in life, one can face the issue of missing teeth. Tooth loss may be related to injury, serious gum disease, tooth decay or even to poor oral hygiene. If missing teeth are left untreated, different effects may occur, such as:
- Speech problems created by one or more missing teeth
- Difficulty in chewing
- Face may start looking older and wrinkled
- Pain in the facial muscles of the jaw resulting in an improper bite induced by the missing teeth
- Tooth decay and gum disease, over time, due to plaque accumulation and food entrapment in the gap caused by missing teeth
- Improper bite resulting from a tilt of adjacent teeth into the empty spaces caused by a missing tooth
- Untreated missing teeth may dent the facial appearance causing low set-esteem or lack of confidence
- Hiding smile during conversations or at public gatherings to avoid the embarrassment caused by a bad smile from missing teeth
Dental Implants help to overcome all the above-mentioned problems near Hallam. They are no doubt the best, and most popular solution for the replacement of missing teeth. Dental implants are fit for every individual having missing teeth irrespective of their age and gender.
What to Expect from Dental Treatment?
The first move is to have a consultation near our practice at Hallam if you think you may be interested in dental implants. Our dentist will assess your oral health and decide if the procedure is suitable for you, discussing each phase so that no surprises are left.
The operation takes place in two stages. With our pain-free surgical procedure, the implant is inserted into your jawbone during the first one. In the second level, you’ll have the crown, bridge or denture put on your implant after a healing time has passed. For a flawless look, your restoration will be perfectly balanced with the rest of your teeth.
Lifelong Dental Care near Hallam
A dental implant looks like a normal tooth and behaves much like that. They’re not only durable; if properly cared for, they will last for your entire lifetime. With daily brushing, flossing and dental checkups near Hallam, you won’t ever have to think about removing your dental implant.
Consult Your Dentist Near Hallam